Sew the Perfect Fit!
Fitting and Pattern Alterations
Fine-tune and alter patterns to fit your body. Learn how to make pattern adjustments and then fine-tune the fit using muslins. Learn techniques to customize tops, jackets, dresses, and skirts. (NO PANTS PLEASE).
Previous sewing experience required.
8 weeks, (bi-weekly)
Reg $229 NOW $199 | Click to Register
Maximum 4 students per class. Spots fill quickly.
Learn to Sew like a Pro in Just 6 weeks!
3003 Danforth Ave Toronto
South West Corner of Danforth Ave and Victoria Park
4 STUDENTS PER CLASS
SEWING FOR BEGINNERS MOST POPULAR CLASS REQUESTED
Sewing for Beginners SEW LIKE A PRO IN JUST 6 WEEKS!!
Garment Construction Level 1 $ 159
Beginner level 1
Saturday May 14, 1:30 – 3:30 pm
Reg $199 NOW $159 | Click to Register
12 Hour Program – 2 hours per week for 6 weeks
This level is for the student who has little or no sewing experience, or just wants to refresh their skills.
You will learn:
-basic set up and operation of a sewing machine and serger
-discuss fabric and pattern options
-measure for correct pattern size
-how to use a commercial pattern
– layout and cutting of fabric
-seam construction and finishes
Students will complete a professionally finishes pajama pant.
Call us and we will add you to our waiting list as our classes are presently full. When your name is left we will call as soon as possible and give you a date. Future openings are for Monday evenings & Thursday evenings.
Garment Construction Level 2 – Detailed Skirt or Dress Reg $229 NOW $199 | Click to Register
16 Hour Program – 2 hours per week for 8 weeks
Prerequisite – Garment Construction Level 1 or a basic knowledge of sewing and machine operation.
In this class, students will:
-discuss fabric and pattern options
– sew princess seams
-learn lining techniques
-apply decorative top stitching
-insert a zipper
-hand finished the hem
Students will complete a professionally finished lined skirt.
no class open (no space)
Garment Construction Level 3 Classic Tailored Shirt Reg $249 NOW $229| Click to Register
18 Hour Program – 2 hours per week for 9 weeks
Prerequisite – Garment Construction Level 2 or a good knowledge of sewing and machine operation.
In this class the student will learn:
-single and double ended darts
-flat felled seams
-2 pc collar with stand
-set in sleeve
-classic cuff with placket
-button and buttonhole placement
Students will complete a professionally finished classic tailored shirt.
Garment Construction Level 4 Chanel Jacket Reg $299 NOW $249| Click to Register
25 Hour Program – 2.5 hours per week for 10 weeks
Prerequisite – Garment Construction Level 3 or an advanced knowledge of sewing and machine operation.
In this class the student will learn:
different interfacing applications
-2pc set in sleeve
– sleeve heads
Students will complete a professionally finishes Chanel style jacket.
We also offer private and special request classes!!!
Kids class 8 years old and up.
Pre-Register for the next Sunday Class 2:45 pm-4:45 pm
Children love to sew!
Girls can sew
Boys can sew, too!
Ages 8 and up
Sewing class for kids and pre-teens: 6 week program $ 149.00
We enjoy teaching children, as young as age 9 the basics of sewing in a creative and relaxing fun atmosphere.
We teach classes daily.
Expert Instructors with many years of experience in the industry.
Kids love to sew and have fun doing it! In these hands on classes, they will not only develop their sewing skills, but learn to read, pin and cut out a pattern. Kids will learn and enjoy the accomplishment of finishing a garment.
Sewing World will work with a proven sewing curriculum, set up and developed just for kids, that will teach them a skill that will last them a lifetime, while building confidence with each completed class.
Our instructors can’t wait to teach kids the joy of sewing!!
• Maximum 4 students per class
• Sewing machine & tools provided (fabric & pattern student responsibly)
• Sewing machines will be provided by Sewing World
• Students as young as 9 years old can learn:
• Basic Sewing Terms
• Sewing Machine Skills
• How to Read a Pattern (pictures and easy-to-read print on each pattern)
• Proper pinning, cutting out
• How to Layout and Cut a Pattern
• Garment Assembly
• Student will leave with a competed garment
PRIVATE & SEMI-PRIVATE CLASSES FROM $ 39.95 PER HOUR
Just ask for Deb or Nancy! With over 28 years of sewing experience to help you every step of the way. We offer customized classes to suit all your sewing needs. Costumes, home decor, projects and much more! We offer these classes 7 days a week. We recommend asking for private instruction one on one.
Semi-private or private available by request
Private classes 5 week program Tuesday 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Alteration Course 1 sessions -$ 90 | Click to Register
Want your clothes to fit you better? Major and minor alteration course for previous sewers. Ex: shorten sleeves, heming a lined skirt. Min
or: pant hems zipper replacement (any other alteration upon request)
Private Alteration Course MAJOR ALTERATION COURSE | Click to Register
Starting from 398 for a 5 week program
Master your Serger 101 SERGER BASICS | Click to Register
Do you have a serger that never came out of its box? Do you feel surgically impaired. Don’t feel alone. Perhaps you have a serger, but never used it because you don’t know how to use it! This class will help you what to do about it.
This is a class for you! Come on in, and guaranteed that in 2 hour sessions we will teach you how to thread, balance tension, get around and inside corners and curves, techniques most people are waiting for and learn how to do roll hem and pick up so many tips and short cuts to make using a serger a simple journey.
1 hour $ 50
2 hours $ 80
Shoppers World Plaza 3003 Danforth Ave. Unit 23 Toronto, Ont. M4C 1M9 416-699-7119 * Inside the Zellers Mall Entrance www.learntosew.ca *****SEWING CLASSES MAKE A GREAT GIFT CERTIFICATE*****
CLASS REGISTRATION | Click to Register
Students can REGISTER by phone with VISA or MASTER CARD
20 %discount on all your sewing notions.
Rules and Regulations for Classes
- Register early!! Classes fill up quickly.
- A) We have a registration form on-line at www.learntosew.ca or
- B) Call our studio at 416-699-7119 or
- C) Come into the store and book in person
- Please let us know the dates you are available
- You will be called to confirm your class and the date it starts.
- Students must leave $ 50 deposit to reserve their spot.
- Balance of payment is due on or before the first day of your class. Pay with Cash, Visa, MasterCard or pay pal
- The 50% deposit is non-refundable, unless the class/workshop is cancelled due to insufficient registration. In this situation you will be refunded. There is no refund if you drop out or don’t show up for your class. If you do have to cancel your enrolment in a class, we require at least 72 hours notice before the start date of your class, and then your deposit will be used as a credit towards a future class.
- We have a maximum of 4 students per class.
- Our students will receive up to 40% off any new or used Sewing machine, Embroidery machine or Serger
- No charge for the use of our sewing machines or sergers during your class times.
- *Class/workshop schedule is subject to change without notice.
- Contact: email@example.com
Sewing Classes make a great gift certificate
SEW LIKE A PRO IN Just 6 WEEKS!
3003 Danforth Ave Toronto learntosew.ca 416-699-7119
Shoppers World Plaza – Southwest Corner of Danforth Ave and Victoria Park
inside Target location on the east side
MAXIMUM 4 STUDENTS PER CLASS!!
New classes starting soon…call for dates and times. ALL classes are HANDS ON